Wednesday 1 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #3: Forgotten


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.  Here is the book that I am look forward to reading.

Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Publication Date: 6 June 2011
Publisher: Egmont Books Ltd
ISBN: 9781405253611
Pages: 288
Format: Paperback

Synopsis

Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works ...Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going of the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much...

My Thoughts

I read the excerpt of this book on Lovereading.co.uk, and I loved it. What do I love about it? I love the fact that the main character London can't remember her past, but can see into the future. The excerpt gripped me straight away and I wish it had been longer. To read the excerpt yourself click here.

This is also Cat Patrick's debut novel.

12 comments:

  1. I have seen this book passing by but not this cover version though. The story sounds mysterious. Somehow it reminds me of the movie 'Memento' (yeah, very different I know, but still!) Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Memento, it also reminds me of the Time Travellers Wife.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ~ Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the premise of this one and am definitely adding it to my wish list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really good and the cover is very intriguing. It's the kind of cover that I can't decide whether I love it or hate it. Anyways, thanks for sharing :D

    I'm a new follower, check out my blog?
    http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this one in the stores today but it had a different cover! I think I like this one a lot better! Great choice!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen this book before, it sounds wonderful- great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really good. I've seen it in a few bloggers mailboxes as of late, can't wait to hear some reviews!
    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, it sounds frightening and captivating, too. That cover makes me think of Rorschach Ink Blots!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one! Can't wait to get my hands on it. It sort of reminds me of the movie "50 First Dates" with Drew Barrymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got this one in the post today! I think I am going to read it next.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually just got an ARC for this! I'll be having a giveaway for it too. So look out! I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I am not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting World of Book Reviews. Please feel free to leave a comment and a link to your blog (if you have one).