Monday 6 June 2011

Review: White Lies by Cathy Hopkins

White Lies by Cathy Hopkins
Series: Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise #1
Publication Date: 25 April 2008
Publisher: Piccadilly Press
Pages: 157
Format: Paper back
Source: Library
Genre: Young Adult, Chick Lit
Rating: 3 out of 5

Synopsis from back cover

Cat's always been the perfect girl next girl. Thoughtful friend. Supportive girlfriend. Surrogate mother to her three younger siblings, a great help to her dad since her mum died. But now Cat's facing some major dilemmas.

A game of Truth, Dare, Kiss or Promise lands her in hot water when she's asked a truth she can't reveal. On top of this she doesn't want to hurt her boyfriend by telling him the truth, but she knows it's over between them.

Is it right to tell lies to protect people or keep the peace? Can the truth be too hurtful?

My Thoughts

I'd seen this book quite a few times in my local library so decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I will say that I enjoyed it, but I wasn't thrilled by it. I'm not sure if its the subject matter or the genre that I didn't get on with.

White Lies is the first chick lit book I have read and unfortunately it might be the last. Although I found the characters believable I just didn't find the story that interesting, again I think this has to do with the genre. As I said at the beginning of this review I did enjoy it.

At 157 pages White Lies is a very quick read that would appeal to fans of the Chick Lit genre. Overall White Lies is an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for visiting World of Book Reviews. Please feel free to leave a comment and a link to your blog (if you have one).