Saturday 10 December 2011

Review: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

UK Publication Date: 26 May 2008
Publisher: Allison & Busby
Pages: 361
Series: The Morganville Vampires #1
Format: Paperback
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Vampires, Young Adult
Rating: 4 out of 5

Morganville is a small town filled with unusual characters - when the sun goes down, the bad come out. In Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day.

For Claire Danvers, high school was hell, but college may be murder. It was bad enough that she got on the wrong side of Monica, the meanest of the school's mean girls, but now she's got three new roommates, who all have secrets of their own. And the biggest secret of all isn't really a secret, except from Claire: Morganville is run by vampires, and they are hungry for fresh blood...

Glass Houses tells the story of Claire Danvers, a brainy 16 year old, who has been sent to college in Morganville by her parents. Not only is Claire the youngest college student in Morganville, she is also having a hard time making friends. This isn't made any easier as she has to share a dorm with girls that torment her for just being her.

Claire, realising that she's had enough of dorm life, decides to try living off campus. After looking a few different places, she finds an advertisement for a roommate at the Glass House. But what Claire doesn't realise is that the occupants of the Glass House have secrets of their own.

Once Claire moves in the story really picks up and doesn't stop until its shocking climax.

I found Glass Houses to be an interesting read, with characters that I both loved and hated at the same time. Rachel Caine has created a intriguing and mysterious town that I cannot wait to find out more about.

I recommend this book to fans of vampire novels.
(please note this review was written back in November, but was never published on the blog.)

1 comment:

  1. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Itua herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2). I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Itua sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr Itua who was able to cure me completely from this deadly disease. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Itua because I got to know him through Elizabeth who he cured from HPV . I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Itua through his email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com) You can also order from his webstore https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting World of Book Reviews. Please feel free to leave a comment and a link to your blog (if you have one).