Sunday 4 December 2011

Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

UK Release Date: 6 June 2011
Publisher: Egmont
Pages: 277
Format: Paperback
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Rating: 4 out of 5


Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank.

I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works...

Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going off the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future.

But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much...

I have to say that I really liked this book. Forgotten tells the story of London Lane. London is not your normal teenager. London has amnesia, with a difference. London is able to remember things that are going to happen, but everyday when she wakes up she can't remember what happened the day before.

Cat Patrick has written a debut novel that I found really engrossing. There was a few things that bugged me about this book. The constant reference to Luke's, Londons' boyfriend, eyes and how gorgeous he was at times got a little bit annoying, but I understand why this was necessary. I was surprised by the ending, I was totally wrong with what I thought was going to happen. It did leave me thinking that there could be a sequel, but I don't think this is going to be the case.

Forgotten is a compelling, fast read with plenty of twists to keep you guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for visiting World of Book Reviews. Please feel free to leave a comment and a link to your blog (if you have one).