Thursday 26 May 2011

Review: Honestly, Red Riding Hood was Rotten by Trisha Speed Shaskan


Title: Honestly, Red Riding Hood was Rotten
Author: Trisha Speed Shaskan
Illustrated by: Gerald Guerlais
Publisher: Capstone
Publication Date: 1st August 2011
Format: Arc eBook
Source: NetGalley
Pages: 24
Category: Children's Book
Reading Age Group: 4-8 years
Rating: 4 out of 5

Synopsis:

Of course you think I did a horrible thing by eating Little Red Riding Hood and her granny. You don't know the other side of the story. Well, let me tell you ....

Review:

Overall this is a very funny book, that is engaging to the young audience that it is aimed at.  My two daughters, aged 2 and 7 years, both enjoyed this book so much I have had to read it to them every night.  My 7 year old said that she found the story very funny and liked the fact that it was a retelling of the children's classic Little Red Riding Hood, but from the wolf's point of view.

The illustrations by Gerald Guerlais are first class and add to the overall appeal of the book.

Honestly, Little Red Riding Hood was Rotten is a must have for people with young children. My children and I can't wait to read the other books in the series.

I received this eBook arc courtesy of Capstone Publisher via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for visiting World of Book Reviews. Please feel free to leave a comment and a link to your blog (if you have one).